Friday, October 11, 2013
Five on Friday.
Truthfully, honestly, I miss this space. The space on blogger where my words are kept, the adventures are documented and there are lots of pictures. Blogging just hasn't been on the agenda, but BOTAR is almost done, and there may be a couple more hours each week. I saw Kelly Purkey's Five on Friday list and wanted to write just five things down.
1. I took this photo in Atlanta earlier this year. It's the church where MLK Jr. preached, which is fundamentally cool. I gave the print to Monica for her birthday so I see it every day at work. Ebenezer is just one of my favorite words because of this verse, "Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpah and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Thus far has the LORD helped us." (1 Samuel 7:12). I'm just overwhelmed by how far the Lord has brought me
2. I can do the entire BOTAR dance. It's about 8 minutes long, and I'm really proud of myself. I can't do the half box spin, but I can fake it and get out of the way well. I have had three different partners at rehearsal lately, and it really does make a difference when the escort can lead.
3. Do you think this will be long enough for me? Do you think it will ever go on sale by more than $10? Have you ever seen anything that looked so much like me?
4. TV has been sadly absent for me in September and early October. But I would just like to be on record that Parks & Rec has the best TV weddings. April and Andy, Leslie and Ben and now Ron Swanson in City Hall. Pawnee forever.
5. And this of course. Brides throwing cats. The best thing on the internet since the hashtag video two weeks ago.