Welllll hello! It's been a week or so, huh? I didn't intend to take a blogging break until it was already happening and then I committed to it. Go big or go home.
Mostly I just stayed home. Which was awesome. Here are some notes from the week I didn't blog on other things I did...
- Spent a chunk of time wishing I was at ALT Summit in Salt Lake City with Rachel and the rest of the internet. Well, not the whole internet was at ALT. Some people went to CHA the week before so they probably couldn't go to both parties. Anyways, I was sad about it until I saw this piece of news about Salt Lake City and felt a little better.
- Talked myself out of leaving the house for ice cream or candy on Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday. On Saturday morning, I caved and bought the worst Valentine sour gummies at Russell Stovers on my way home from UMKC. Fail.
- Read a lot of E Tells Tales. Rachel warned me not to start, and then I couldn't stop. I also reread the comments on Rach's baby blog posts five times because there were no comments on my own blog.
- Studied (kind of) for a test I took on Saturday so I can add a certification to my license to be an ESL teacher. No amount of cramming could make up for what I didn't learn that one semester of lingusitics.
- New designs! The one above is in the shop PLUS this one now too. I also did three custom designs that came out awesome. The creativity was flowing elsewhere, especially since it wasn't flowing here.
- Went to the gym and walked Belle. Nice weather in these parts!
- Text my mom on her iPhone. Yes, she texts now, and it's awesome. Mostly because now I don't have to interrupt her day with a phone call to tell her one little thing. Really, I'm doing her a favor.
- Picked out a birthday cake I'd like to make Erica in the February Martha Stewart. A-MAHZING. Her birthday isn't until April, so I don't know if I can wait that long.
- Ate brown sugar from the bag and Erica's grandma's apricot jelly from the jar. It's because there wasn't any candy or ice cream. Or flour to bake cookies.
- True story about the brown sugar: on the same day I was eating it from the bag, my sister text me to tell me that she got a tummy ache from eating too much brown sugar. FAMILY.
- eat ice cream